2016 ALS UEC Members: (from left) Andreas Scholl, David Shuh, Tyler Troy, Brian Collins, Michael Makowski, Fanny Rodolakis and Robert Streubel.
We represent the ALS User Community
The ALS Users Executive Committee (UEC) represents the interests
of all students, post-docs and scientists who perform research at
the ALS. We meet 3-4 times a year for a half-day meeting at which we discuss topics relevant to the ALS user community. The UEC provides a channel of communication between the ALS
user community and ALS management, conveying the concerns and needs
of the user community to management, and providing a means for
management to update users on current and future plans for the
facility. The UEC also facilitates communication between the ALS and
other synchrotrons, and between users and federal funding agencies.
With the support of the ALS staff, the UEC organizes and runs the
annual ALS Users' Meeting, held each Fall at LBNL. Members are elected annually
by ALS users and serve three year terms.
Current ALS UEC Members
- David Shuh, chair, CSD, LBNL (2013-2016)
- Chris Cappa, past chair, University of California, Davis (2012-2016)
- Monika Blum, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2015-2017)
- William Chueh, Stanford University (2015-2017)
- Brian Collins, Washington State University (2014-2016)
- Tanja Cuk, University of California, Berkeley (2014-2016)
- Micky Holcomb, West Virginia University (2014-2016)
- Michael Makowski, (Student Member), University of California, Irvine (2015-2016)
- Fanny Rodolakis, X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory (2016--2018)
- Andreas Scholl, Advanced Light Source Division, LBNL (2014-2016)
- Alessandro Sepe, Adolphe Merkle Institute / University of Fribourg (2015-2017)
- Robert Streubel, Materials Sciences Division, LBNL (2016--2018)
- Tyler Troy, Chemical Sciences Division, LBNL (2014-2016)
- Lin Wang, Center for High Pressure Science & Technology Advanced Research (2016-2018)
We would love to hear from you! If you are aware of a topic that is of importance to the ALS user community
and would like it to be addressed, either by action or by dissemination, please communicate your concerns and
opinions to the UEC.
ALS UEC email: firstname.lastname@example.org